Saturday, February 26, 2011

school or no school?


OK I was at work and doing the same damn thing for ten hours you tend to let your mind of the leash. by this I mean letting your mind wander wherever it wants. In my "wandering" I was thinking about school why well on the news they were talking about snow make up days. like extending graduation and the school year and even possibly Saturdays school. First I think man when I was in high school there is no way I would be at school on Saturday not a chance. Second thought when I was in school they had these things called built in snow days. Because guess what in Indiana it snows four months out of the year maybe more.

Now the deep stuff you ready? I got thinking back to my days at Hoagland Elementary, and thinking about it now that was like a Nazi school (not that they killed Jews)for instance we had to walk on the right side of the hall we could not talk in the hall , they counted us going in and out of class rooms in gym we HAD TO TAKE SHOWERS!
the only places I know that do that are PRISON and the MILITARY!

Then I got thinking deeper(see the smoke) our whole education method is screwed up we are in a society that does not create geneses any more our educational system is built for creating workers a person that will do what she or he is told.we don't have creative thinking in this country what so ever.

now I'm not saying we are raising dummies no. but i have noticed some really dumb people. think about this now that I'm out of school i don't work with everyone my age I don't go on vacations with everyone my one age. At school your age and your grade are together ( well until college) but after fifteen years of being carved into a "worker" that is what we end up doing. now for some of us who overcome this cool great. as for me I haven't i became somebodies yes man and it sucks. I strongly recommend home schooling your child may be hard yes but think of the good of you and your child .

1 comment:

  1. I think you've hit a very big nail on the head-schools are so conditioned by Race To The Top and No Child Left Behind that there is very little room for creative learning. A teacher has to be both very sharp and very brave to build a curriculum that encourages creativity. Sharp to know how to fit it in the day to day schedule, and brave because if their plan doesn't work for whatever reason the administration, trembling before the federal gov't which has no business in the event whatsoever, will boot them.
    Juxtapose this against a union who does very little for them and a lot for their Democrat leashholders, and its no wonder the system's in the shape it's in. and the system needs to be at its best because parents can't/don't do their job. It was much easier to produce children ready to learn when you had stay-at-home moms who could encourage them, with the father lending his guidance when possible. Now a child has two part-time parents (if they have two parents at all) and the only encouragement comes from Spongebob or Call Of Duty. Great if you want to raise thugs, terrorists, or bottom-feeders. Not so much if you want to raise students.

    ReplyDelete